- 06:08 At the airport, on my way to Jamaica until Monday. #
- 06:09 Part of me wishes Christmas didn’t pass so quickly. #
- 06:10 Is it 2008 yet? #
Posts Archived From: 'December 2007'Older Posts »
- 06:20 Having lunch @ The Cheesecake Factory today. Can’t wait! #
- 10:43 What’s the allure of M&Ms minis? I don’t get it. #
- 12:31 Men with long-ish fingernails scare me. #
- 08:25 I love Starbucks like no other, but nursing a Crane Coffee latte is a nice change of pace. #
- 12:34 An 11-second video clip of me getting my heart tattoo has been viewed 313 times on YouTube (tinyurl.com/283ys3). #
- 19:48 The Christmas season takes every conceivable human emotion and magnifies it 374 percent. #
- 16:55 Not nearly the show and ice those “weather experts” called for yesterday. P’shaw. #
- 06:06 Been listening to Christmas music for about two weeks now. Still not sick of it. #
- 08:45 I’ve been a longtime listener of “Groove Salad” on SomaFM (somafm.com/). Treat your ears, won’t you? #
- 13:40 Wondering what Santa’s bringing me this year. Hmm… #
- 16:57 Big snow/ice storm headed this way. Perhaps no work tomorrow? #
- 05:32 I’m letting the Omaha media know that UNO will open at noon today. #
- 07:31 My Mac tells me it’s 8 degrees outside. Brrr… #
- 08:39 It is freezing in my office here at work. #
- 10:16 Writing thank-you notes following my birthday :-) #
In The Beginning, There Was Rock
Here’s a humorous video on the origins of Matt’s Rocket Collection.
# # #
Following The Westroads Tragedy
For the past several hours I’ve tried to put my thoughts into words following Wednesday’s tragedy at Westroads Mall.
But the words won’t come just yet.
In the meantime, I’d like to share an email I received this morning from Dr. Fred Richart of the UNO Campus Ministry.
The city we live in became a more difficult place to understand yesterday. A man armed with a rifle killed eight of his fellow humans in what appears to be a random act of rage against the world. Words to describe this event are difficult to come by. Our pain and fear is real.
However, God is present among us today, just as I believe God was present at the Westroads Mall yesterday afternoon. God is always present. God is not a being “out there” causing random acts of inter-human destruction. This event was not God’s will or God’s plan. The victims involved did not deserve this.
God is the loving presence between people when they gather. so it will be good to set some time aside today to listen to each other—students, friends, co workers, colleagues, and family. We are all seeking some kind of way to make sense of this violence, to pray, to wonder.
You can look for me at MBSC fireplace lounge and the food court this morning if you’d like to have some conversation or a time of reflection or prayer. You can always feel free to email or call as well.
May God be real in your lives today and always. Amen.
# # #