Family Housing Advisory Services, Inc.
• Development Committee Member (2009 – Present)
The mission of Family Housing Advisory Services is to improve the quality of life by helping people achieve financial and housing stability through education and advocacy.
Girls Nite Out
• Public Relations/Marketing Committee Member (2006 – 2008)
Girls Nite Out is an annual fundraiser for Girls, Inc. of Omaha. With two centers in Omaha, Girls, Inc., offers recreational and development programs for girls age 5 through 18 after school and during the summer months.
Omaha Entertainment and Arts Awards (@oeaawards)
• Board Member (2009)
• Publicity Volunteer (2008)
The Omaha Entertainment and Arts Awards seeks to enhance the community by planning and producing an annual awards event that uniquely recognizes the performing arts, visual arts and live music of the Omaha area.
Omaha Press Club (@omahapressclub)
• Past President (2011)
• President (2010)
• President-Elect (2009)
• Secretary (2008)
• Board Member (2007 – Present)
• Membership/Marketing Chair (2006)
• Face on the Barroom Floor Committee Member (2005 – Present)
For more than 50 years, the Omaha Press Club has promoted excellence in communications and media professions through fellowship, education and advocacy of freedom of information. The group is open to all professions – not just the working press.
Omaha Press Club Show
• Public Relations Chair (2006 – 2009)
The Omaha Press Club Show serves as the primary fundraiser for the Omaha Press Club Foundation, which each year presents more than $25,000 in internship awards and scholarships to students at Creighton University, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Project Interfaith (@projectintrf8th)
• Communications Committee Member (2009 – Present)
Project Interfaith is a dynamic, innovative interfaith organization that hosts groundbreaking programs, trainings and workshops that build and sustain understanding, respect and relationships among people of all faiths and beliefs and promotes a deeper understanding of and respect for religious diversity.
Public Relations Society of America Nebraska (@prsanebraska)
• Board Member/Community Service Chair (2008)
• Board Member/Publicity Chair (2007)
• Board Member/Awards Chair (2006)
• Received the Newcomer of the Year Award from the Public Relations Society of America: Nebraska chapter (2005)
PRSA Nebraska exemplifies industry best practices, encourages ethical behavior, provides professional development, mentoring and networking opportunities, and promotes the public relations industry throughout the state.
Small Business Association of the Midlands (@sbamidlands)
• Board Member (2010 – Present)
The mission of the Small Business Association of the Midlands is to assist micro and small businesses to develop, grow and operate more efficiently. The vision is to become the premier provider of education, coaching and networking for micro and small businesses.